Friday, November 23, 2018

Feathered Friends

I love the feather dies, that are popping up everywhere
Never one to leave well enough alone, I thought what else can I cut that will add something special to the feathers?.
I found myself wanting more detail and some open spaces. Then I though...Hmm how about those fancy edge doilies I have been hoarding, I mean saving for a special project. In the above photo you can see how lovely they look. They can be a little tricky to remove from the die, but patience will pay off.

This is the preplanning that went into the before I cut phase. In order to get the most cut at one time, this is what I did:
If you look closely at the photo, you can see that the die are attached to a piece of scrap Mylar. First lay down the doily right side down, then the Mylar centered over the top carefully. Add strips of double sided tape, position the die over the tape where you wish the cut to be on the doily. This is the pre plan, dry fit if you will. Once you get them all set up, carefully shift the positions so the die is under your doily. Layer cutting mats according to your machine and type of die you are using. Run it through and see what you end up with. NOTE: You can easily cut 2 or 3 doilies at once. Just be careful when you separate them.
 
 
Thanks Pinterest and Pinners for this

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Doily feathers?! How brilliant!!