Friday, January 5, 2018

Nostagia

Feeling very nostalgic about Bo Bunny lately. I had discovered these unusual papers by them {Zip-A-Dee-Doodle} and knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I snipped the center numbers out of each page.
Next I fussy cut each number individually. They will be inked around the edges then pop dotted over a matching number around the layout.
I got this far...then went in search of the photos that I want for this double page LO. I thought 20 minutes to find. Well 2 hours later, I packed it in for the day. The next day, I searched ALL day, still not luck.
So now I am in the middle of a major overhaul on the photo files. As you can see by the existing boxes, I do have a system that works for me most of the time.
I do an immediate once over when I get a new batch printed. Dates, groupings, events. I have labeled box files for all the major holiday's. All Easter, All Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Road Trips and Vacations. I group all the kids birthday and school photos into 'child name' then separated by age or grade. {they will usually fit in one box} so if I am searching events, all the kids are in that box under that event.
 I am sorry to say, I still have stacks and packs of  photos. Most are labeled with sticky noted bits, dates, names, ideas for journaling.  Things like that. But alas the photos I need NOW are elusive. I have run amok with the random photo shoots...to many, no particular order, it is just sit down with a random box and search....sigh... I will get the layout completed when I find the photos.
 
In the mean time,
How do you organize your photos?
Because I am not laughing...here is some serious help by people way more organized than me. Warning, they talk about tossing some out...GASP...
 


No comments: