Friday, December 17, 2021

Upcycle Globe ornament


This globe started as shown. It is pretty, but I had other plans. 
First thing I did was take an x-acto type knife and carefully cut the base away from the globe. 
NOTE: There is a loose snow in the globe, make sure to do this upside down so you don't loose that snow. 
Initially I thought I would keep the fox, but after staring into his wild eyes, I decided to get the fox outta here!
Above is a piece of birchbark faux trim that was sugared. I ran it through the cutter to make birch trees. 
Added some clear glue and more glitter and flower soft snow.
Then tucked them in behind the 3 existing trees along with a set of die-cut deer. 
Another die-cut tree on sturdy white cardstock also glammed up. Finishing touches were tiny jewels on the trees, and sequins strategically placed. 
Secure the globe top with a hot glue gun 
or white glue. Add more sequins to the outer edges and light it up!




No comments: