Friday, February 12, 2016

Playhouse Layout

I am in the process of going through the stash, rearranging things and expanding into another work/play space. I discovered a scrap of autumn shades grassy field with an intertwined branch. I do believe, it was probably among some of the very first pattern paper I ever bought. Being generally easily distracted......I did some fussy cutting, stacked it in along the bottom with the branch in the top frame. I Hung a tiny heart from the branch with a scrap of string. It is actually hiding the tarp that was covering the playhouse reroofing in progress. I used the title sheet with the sample bits of every sheet in the Bo-Bunny 'Heritage' paper pack. It just had all the right colors for this very large photo.
Thanks to Pinterest for this image

Friday, February 5, 2016

Obiewan wine and a Valentine

Simple Valentine card and some
Obiewan Wine!!

Friday, January 29, 2016

Quoth the Raven....

The wings were cut with TH die 'Wings' from white coffee filters. As you can see they accept the color wonderfully.
I sprayed the wings in black and blue shades. Using a piece of heavy art paper underneath. I think it will make for an interesting art journal page background...stay tuned
 Paper is TH emboss paintable. I did a dry fit, I didn't like where the bird was going to be on the layout. So, I recut and pasted it together so the bird was in the lower left hand corner.
Once it is pasted back together you can not tell I did this. I used a thin strip of paper and glued it to the back, spanning the seams.
 To alter the bird and background, I used spritzes of color and a baby wipe.
 It didn't matter that the bird on the paper is not a raven. I manipulated the image with spray, ink and then the assembled wings.
This is my favorite hint for positioning your sticky back letters. Lay them gently on a clear plastic sheet {or the packaging it comes in} This way you can move them around till you are sure of where you want them to be secured.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A New Studio Space - the beginning

Worked on this last summer, it is the end of one of those big spindles that hold cable. It needs proper hands.
 Our youngest DD's former room. This is after the walls were painted, but just bare cement. In two tone red and white. But, it is in wonderful shape,
 no leaks no cracks, very dry.
First up, hung the old door from Dad's pack shed. This was the inside, it is so much prettier than this photo shows. Very chippy so many layers of goodness. We 'barn door' style mounted it so it moves to one side, and will eventually join up with the old Scrapbooking room.
{I have outgrown}
 This is a large room 26 ft. x 12 ft.
Two large windows
{slated for replacement too}
And if the truth is told, it was the window redo, that got the ball rolling on this room. It previously had panel board that had been covered with various graffiti. It was a total tear out and drywall redo. 
I put very inexpensive laminate flooring down. I got that completed today. My knees are blistered. Overall I am very happy with the new look.
These will be storage
 Love these wooden crates from my husbands parents. The property they purchased in the 70's was at one time a country store site. Look at the tongue and groove corners. I wonder how old they really are.
{note to self, must research butter boxes}
 These were nailed to the wall of an old garage. They said I could take them all as the place has been sold. This was a good day. They were filthy, but because they are butter boxes, they are lined with wax. I hit them with the pressure wash, let them dry in the summer sun. Then scraped the first layer of wax off them. It was impressive how clean they look. They have been stacked in the basement waiting for the right project. I
Two cloth covered cork boards - last fall project
Another junking pick. I will post an update when the room finally gets completed. It takes a long time

New hanging file, read more HERE 
 The crates 12-1/2" x 12-1/2" inside measure
I will line them with wall paper
Baseboards installed,
 and they match the door!!
 Table from 1920's reclaim chair, telephone corner. I will be adding some decorative papers to the mail/magazine rack.
 Business corner I wanted it pretty, but it still has to house the supplies.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Valentine Simplicity

 This doesn't need much instruction
Start with a basic heart shape. I used a heart bauble from the stash for just a pop of interest.
 Load up the blank space around it with buttons
Fast and fun

Friday, January 8, 2016

Corset ATC Tutorial

Hello and Happy New Year to all.
I am part of an online creative paper trading group. I am working out the details for  a swap I will be hosting HERE. I will call for my participants to make four Corset shaped ATC cards. Here is a loose tutorial for a size of 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".
~Start with a four inch square of plain paper for a pattern.
~Fold it in half, make a crease
~Using the fold line for the center front, sketch a side view of the corset.
~Like the diagram above

~Cut out your shape
~Crease the marked fold line for your side seams
~Fold the side creases to the back of your paper, and cut a waist line
~Note, make sure you leave tabs under the arms and at the hip line so the card stays together when open.
~This is the folded back view with marks for threading.
~I found because of the tiny size, I was only able to punch 3 or 4 holes for threading.
~Use this as a pattern template, sketch on the back of your choice of paper or fabric.
~Note in this size it will take approximately 12 inches of ribbon to lace.
~Decorate with bits of lace, ribbon, glitter, let your imagination run wild
 This is the finished back view
More Samples:

~I had some fun with sequins and Halloween ribbon

If you are looking for a great online trading group, have a look at the  Paper Traders blog and then join our online Yahoo Group HERE
Sharing with Scrapendipity Online store and inspiration blog