Friday, January 7, 2022

Junk Mail Upcycle

Making theses little cards for traders
They are made with identical junk mail window mailers. You just cut the envelope open, and line them up so the windows overlap. I stitched around the edges I wanted to stay closed. 
Once you get your window position oriented, place whatever you wish on one window. Keep in mind the item will show from both sides. Use double sided tape or glue to secure the window so nothing can fall out once they are sandwiched together. I used skeleton leaves and pressed flowers from my summer garden. 
The open leaves are from ELS planner essentials die cuts
The back of the open envelopes will form a pocket to tuck a tag into. 

Small tag tucks inside butterfly detail

The TH dolls always add some whimsy and charm.
Above is the back of the card, below I used a fine tooth cardboard as the base for the tag inserts. Sprayed it with some matching glimmer sprays. 

 Thanks Pinterest  and Pinners for keeping me smiling. 



1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Happy New Year Pam!! So clever, I think I will start collecting those junk mail envelopes too. :)