Friday, December 3, 2021

Art Journal

Ending 2021 and moving into 2022
This is a RAK  for participating in sharing monthly art work that Creative Scrapbooker VIP group mailed out. I have been itching to get my hands into it. The Dina Wakley,  Mixed Media Journal is full of really heavy weight art paper and various textured samples. Burlap and denim. Gorgeous book!
Note that I covered all the pages I wasn't working on with a piece of plastic to protect them from any over spill. The spine on this journal is gloriously tight, so I am not worried about bleed on the inside edge. 
First up I did a coat of clear gesso mixed with white paint and just a hint of blue to pull both pages into the same hue.....leave to dry.  Then I did a molding paste stencil wing one each page in the outer corner. 
Above is the full size tissue images in Diana Wakley collage paper pack. They are identical, but one in white and one in black. I tore the excess white away by hand, then secured them to each page. 
I re-did the wings with a hint of mica powder to enhance them a bit.

I wanted to keep things subtle, so, this embossed time clock and butterfly is faint. Butterfly symbolizes all that was lost last year, timepiece indicates we have no choice but to move forward.  In the finished photo you can also see a lock and key. To symbolize past year locked, key to move forward.
I then punched 2021 & 2022 as well as the circles out of scrap paper bits. I wanted to show this year fading out and next year coming in strong. I will journal the personal bits in this book about the past  year  in adition to what is already here. The poetry used for this journal is from a song by John Lennon. 



No comments: