Friday, September 6, 2019

Organizing the 'Little People'


I like to use the 'little people' in a lot of my projects. #TimHoltz has the Ancestors and Paper Dolls in huge sets. I also have a collection of ephemera and old photo cut outs from before we were able to just buy a pack. 

Often when working on a project, the size of the cut out determines which one I can use. I finally decided to separate them according to Size {yes size matters} I keep these close to hand and can now tell at a glance which row of figures I will choose from. 
For my system, I have them separated in graduated sizing by, Individual, Men, Women, Girls, Couples and then of course on to Halloween and Christmas as well. {white for general, Orange for Halloween, Blue for Christmas / Winter}



This was a fast easy project, start with a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock. Decide how much of each figure you want to see, start by folding your largest{back row} first then continue on down to have them viewable and accessible.
 
My folds were approximately as follows:
Start with full 12 x 12 sheets of cardstock
Score at
*5 inches
*5-1/2 inches {Fold these accordion style}
*6 inches
*8-3/4 inches
*11-1/2 inches
Cut 2 strips {these are your backers for the inside folds 
12 x 2 inches Secure at 11-1/2 inch fold tucked in the crease.
12 x 3 inches Secure at 6 inch fold, tucked right tight to the 5-1/2 inch fold
NOTE: you can add in layers and secure them all at the bottom or add in extra inside rows with more paper inserts or pockets to hold them in place.
Use a scrap piece to practice your fold lines {some dolls are smaller or larger}
 

1 comment:

Marfi-topia said...

great system! thank you for sharing the directions:)