Close up of table top, Milk painted and waxed
This table is a very old table I know that for sure. It came to me in 7 pieces out of one of my Mom's old collection sheds. I did a preliminary sand of all the separate components. Then, using my awesome recycle reuse skills I pounded out some post supports and screwed them to the underside. I also glued each piece along the seams with super strong 'Gorilla' wood glue. Then I clamped and let it harden.
Sanded some more. This looks fast and easy in the photos. Beware, it took days and days toiling in the sun to finish this table and chair. And if I am being honest, I have had them waiting in pieces for nigh on 15 years!! Yikes that is a long time to wait to get to a project. Sigh. I am getting things done. Mostly because if I don't, then I am going to have to let them go.
You can see by the difference in front to back legs that they have been sawed off at some point. This was the way Great Great Grandpa would have leveled up a table to sit straight on an uneven floor. Not sure what this would have been used for. Have 'You' ever seen one of this shape and size? Please comment, if you have any thoughts at all. I always visit back, make sure and leave your link.
I think the sawn off legs would have sat to the back. Typically if your floor was caving the center was lower than the walls.
Here is the finished piece, and a chair that I milk painted to match. The table was far from perfect so, I decided to work with it and give it an eclectic pallet. There is a sliver of wood missing along the front edge. I will have to embed some of my collection of semi precious polished stones in the crack. I think it will look great in a corner with a nice doily and a vase of fresh flowers on top....Hmmm might have to try that and take a picture. Just as soon as the Peonies open!
But wait the paintings not done yet.
This picnic table in the woods needed an update. I had wanted to keep it the natural wood look, so I Thompson Water sealed it when it was brand new and freshly assembled.....As you can see that worked out well.
Any how, I love blue so here it is all blued up!!
And then the glasses jumped right into the paint can, Oh, well I was ready for a new pair anyhow. Now its Hammock time.
Another day...another project finished
This little gem has been sitting in the living room all winter, just waiting. I primed it with wall primer when I painted the kitchen. Finally added milk paint trim and to top and front. Finished up with wax and some wallpaper for durability.
It will go in the bedroom with this upcycled frame, they match pretty good.