Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Art Journal Background



No secret here I love to get my hands in the inks. Art journaling is a way to feed my muse. Most of the time, I have just a vague plan. So, here goes:
 Gather your journal items~ Good heavy art journal paper, spray inks, I used dylusions as well as other spray colors stencil template's, a brick texture stamp. A roll of paper towel love that 'This Old House' stamp
Spray your color choices randomly, Dry thoroughly. Spray a stencil {this one was the aspen trees} with water. Press it water side down over the color background. Allow it to sit for  a bit so the water can dissolve some of the ink. Wipe your entire roll of paper towel over everything, then remove stencil. {if you have never done this, you will love it}

Note this stamp was much larger than I wanted to use, so I masked off the lower portion of the house with a sticky note. Then as shown in the diagram below. I used black Chalk paint on the stamp. Working quickly I then stamped the areas I wanted to have an intense black color.
 Make sure and wash your stamps immediately after using. Even spraying an area of your craft mat with water as a temporary holding area till you can scrub them.
This is a pan view of the desk area, you can see I placed a placebo photo with scrap paper to mark the space for the eventual photo. This is the test run for a mini book I will be making with the 'Playhouse' photos.

No comments: