Friday, September 24, 2021

Relish

Zucchini Relish Time!!! 
If you read the tag, you will note that I got played this year! 3 hills of self described 'Giantico Green' Zucchini!. Well, thats not green. But they were fairly big. 
then a trip to the grocery store to buy Green and Red Peppers, as well as onions. Although I did have onions from my hobby garden to add to this mix. Let me tell you they were small, but mighty in aroma! Made me tear up a bit...... 
Next one must grind them all and let it sit overnight in a Salt and boiling water brine. I will say that I prefer working with the Green over the yellow. The yellow are softer and cook down to a thiner relish. Green has more body to it. 

Then you drain it really well and add the vinegar sugar and spices!
Cook and stir like a Witch over a cauldron.
And in about an hour you will have enough to jar up! This is our families favourite Relish! Some have even been known to eat it like a pickle. 
The house smells amazing with the vinegar and fresh vegetable medley in the air. 




No comments: