Friday, March 26, 2021

Swatch Book with ECD Viewmaster Die

Elizabeth Craft 'Viewmaster Die' From the moment I laid eyes on this die cutter, all I could see was a color wheel. I thought it would be a great way to organize all the various colors, types, brands of ink, daubers and sprays. This way, at a glance I can mix and match the colors I need for any project. Products mentioned below are for illustration only. I am just showing my personal organizing style, based off of what I have on hand.

I used the basic rainbow/light to dark strategy. The swatches are from the center cutouts left over when cutting the half wheels. 
Tip, do your swatches, keep them on top of the ink you are sampling. Organize them in the order you want them to appear in your finished book. 'ALLOW THEM TO DRY OVERNIGHT' This will save you transferring accidental overage onto your finished project. 
I cut the solid insets to place as backer to the slots. Trimmed the binder holes, so I could slightly offset the insert. This way it peeks out and I can see the ink color family I am after at a glance.
The beauty of the binder rings is that I can keep adding more. Note: I did leave some slots open on the wheels to add more as well. This is a great way to view what I am actually lacking in colors...believe it or not I do need some more to fill the rainbow out! 
Here is the flip through. In no particular order. 
Red Ink Pad
Orange Ink Pad
Brown Ink Pad
Yellow Ink Pad
Green Ink Pad
Aqua Ink Pad
Dark Blue Ink Pad
Dark Blue Green Ink Pad
Violet Ink Pad
Pink Ink  and Oxide Ink Pad
Adirondack Pigment Ink Pad
Adirondack Color Wash Distress Stain Mist

Perfect Pearls Mist
Grey, White, Black Ink Pad
TH Distress Dauber Stain 
Dlyusions below
Many of the ECD cutters have a video for reference. I did not find one on this cutter. But it isn't very hard to figure out. If you haven't added these die cutters to your collection yet. I can tell you, they are amazing!! So many possibilities. If you can dream it, you can make it!
Thanks for popping by. Leave me a message I would love to see what you are doing with these die.
ECD Viewmaster Die Planner Essentials #32
ECD Viewmaster Die Planner Essentiasls #33 Coordinating 


RAINBOWS!!! make my Gypsy heart happy





No comments: