Friday, November 27, 2020

New Die Cutter

I have a new die cutter, if you haven't seen these by Elizabeth Crafts. They are wonderful. Once I got started I couldn't stop. This is an envelope, that had some really nice picture stamps. I disassembled it and cut so the stamps would be on the flap side. NOTE: you will want to line the pocket inside with contrast paper or vellum so your tag doesn't catch on the delicate Mandela cut.  Do that before you glue the pocket down.
Once I got started cutting. I had to peruse the scrap pile and cut more. 
Above positioned the bird, so it would be highlighted when its all together. The phrase is included to be cut into anything. You can then use the letters to reassemble as individual. 
It comes with extra die cuts and a full alphabet of individual cutting die. If you are catching the cut out pieces, have your xyron handy and place them in it immediately to avoid loosing bits you want to use.
This is a gorgeous HUGE die cut set. They are marketed for planners and such. I will be using them in my Junk Journal, traders and for Gift cards, things like that. 
Comes with the coordinating tag cutter. Below are more scraps. The vellum is just magazine scrap tear outs. I positioned them so the words would show on the final fold. 


I will end with what I started with. I really wanted to Junk up this envelope upcycle.
What ensued follows:
I stamped, stenciled, and embossed in random places
Confession, it didn't take me long to realize I did not like the way it looked.
I think I chose the wrong color combination. Should not have added the red.
At any rate, my fix was to whitewash over all the pieces
This still leaves it mostly red, but it also draws it all together in a cohesive manner. 
Note to self, my first instinct was to use blue. I should have used blue. Good news is I can do this again and again!! And no two pockets will be identical unless I want them to be. 





Check out the huge selection HERE, I have more coming soon!

2 comments:

ginag said...

This blew me away, Pam! Love love love your step by step process and comments on color and white washing to achieve the final results. Helpful to see multiple photos as my mind often goes blank when I only see a flat metal die. A+! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy C. said...

Wow I can see why you can't stop! Wonderful project!!
Btw I never got your email, I've looked everywhere. But don't worry about it.