Friday, October 2, 2020

Botanical Gel Plate Class

Thank You Creative Scrapbooker Magazine for your Wonderful Carnival weekend. It was so refreshing to be able to book 2 days to just learn, play and create. Here are some of the highlights from the play time I had with my Gelli plate. The class was taught by the super talented Kim Gowdy and Kerry Ingel  They are a happy duo to  listen to and learn from. So Thank You Kim and Kerry  for igniting my mind!!

It is important to let you know I am a novice at the gelly plate. I have only played a little bit with it.
Taking this class has launched me into wanting to play more. Just to see how much fun it was to make a mess. Using whatever was  at hand too. That is a pear foam protector for those delicate ones at the  super market. 
I LOVED the print onto the black paper. Once it was pulled I grabbed the leaves and retro pressed them into the black spaces. Incidentally my absolute favourit plant to try to print was the mint from my garden. Not because it printed very well. Because it emitted the best aroma immediately. !
I did have a bit of trouble getting the paint consistency right. It is a learning curve.


Nothing was off limits once I started. Above is a stamperia soft mould pressed into the loaded plate. Below is the pull off of that. 
These were a mermaid scale type stencil press and pull
Below was me trying to change the color of the white paint {which seemed to flow the best}
Ghosted type reindeer from a diecut stencil throw away piece. I think it will make a terrific shadow for the actual diecut. Just proof, I really should be saving everything. 



Visit me next week to see what I do with some of these prints.
Hint: I am going to start with the ugliest print first, I call those ones 'HOT MUDD'

Here is the link to this Class


HAPPY HANDS

I don't mind making a mess and getting my hands covered in paint. 




No comments: