Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thanks to Creative Scrapbooker Magazine

For picking up this layout. Page 111
In the Fall Edition of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine
This is how I made this layout of my Littles.
Where do the Little's Go ?
there is a hidden pullout journal under the main photo.
First up gather some paper in fall colors as well as paints to suit
I used a messy trial and error to color over the carstock until I was happy with the color mash.
Next I used black gesso to stamp leaf groupings on some of the painted paper
The rest I fussy cut out leaves fashioned by hand in a variety of shapes.
The veining was also done free hand.
 
  Cardstock from stash. NOTES:  All the leaves are hand made. The back grounds were made with  colored cardstock painted over in a random smudge pattern then a layer of Crackle. After the paper was dry,  I did a few mock up leaf shapes traced them on the back and hand cut the large leaves. The leaf veins are hand drawn.  For the smaller leaves, I stamped with a small leaf stamp and fussy cut. The Title was also hand drawn and cut.

Supplies used, but not limited to: 
Julie Nutting mini wooden dolls.
Paper by Mod Scrap.
 MM magnetic tiny alpha stamp.
 Memory Box Die, Le Pen, Sakura India Ink Pen, Faber Castell pittpen,
 Miracle Tole Paint, Claudia Hellmuth acrylic paint,
Ranger Crackle. Thick Cord unknown.
 Leaf stamps unknown. Sookwang double sided tape.

2 comments:

Karla said...

I’m amazed at how realistic the leaves look! I love the tag you sent me and just how perfectly it goes with my cover! Thank you again for it....very thoughtful of you to include it to enhance my Junk Journal!

ginag said...

Oh my, you fussy cut all of those leaves after designing the gorgeous fall papers? You are amazing, but I did know that, already! Congrats on getting published, the littles are so sweet.