Friday, December 6, 2019

The Winter House

This is an up cycle project. Prompted when I was tidying up the happy place and came across a large paper pack that was just so pretty!
Started out as a pretty traditional colors and theme bird house.
 The first step was to make sure I had enough paper to cover the entire house. I made the template cuts to match the exact size of the house first.
 Then gesso/paint/prime all corners and hidden hard to reach places. I did this to make sure that all the previous red and green would be hidden. Let it dry overnight.
 All sides were papered first. I choose a brick paper and a board paper for the roof.  Make sure and use a good tack glue. I applied the glue to the actual wood house then added the paper. Check out the stash for bits of lace ribbon, glitter. Whatever you can add!
While the gesso was drying I hand cut portions of the pattern paper to decorate with tiny vignettes. The large snowflake is an inexpensive Dollar store ornament. Some of this is secured with hot glue. 


So what have you got laying around that you can recycle? Pop me off a comment I would love to hear about it.
 
 






 

No comments: