Monday, September 24, 2018

Snippet's

This was my first attempt at 'Snippet's'.
 
"Snippets are:
  Bits  of fabric. lace, buttons, charms, paper and such in
strip. Highly detailed, decorated both sides.
Just sewn in layers random or planned, messy .
 Typically mounted to an old wooden spool."
 
White and Creme

 
they are double sided crème-brown / whites/silver
 The tiny button tags signature
 Tried one side in whites
This is it rolled up 
Details


 
 The purple was the trial run
this one just kept getting larger and larger
 I added in more bits as I found them
 
The glaring white was brought down with a shade of purple ink. It was just too contrasting.
I would try this again. I think I might simplify future snippets. Would keep them to lighter tones. The purple is actually made with a friend who 'LOVES 'purple in mind. I will be sending it to her.

This is the Pinterest Board that was my inspiration.


No comments: