Friday, June 24, 2022

Flower Making Upcycle

 I bought  the Heartfelt Creations Flower making forms. 
I wasn't sure exactly how to use them, and watched a video once I had them in hand. I quickly realized I had not purchased all I might need to replicate their flowers.
The video of course, calls for the use of the matching die to cut the flower shapes. I did not have any of the matching die. So, I searched the stash for the flat flowers. The ones that you can still buy in bulk. I have quite a few from the early flat scrapbooking style pages. They worked!! It takes a bit of sorting to find a semi matching size. Then just pop them in spritz and through the machine to emboss. NOTE: I did cut the petals of the larger flowers so they would form better. I also wet a piece of handmade paper and ran it through. I then fussy cut it and made the tiny pink roses as shown above.  
The leaves were actually formed by first cutting larger flower petals off and placing them in the leaf press side. I do love this latest press. After they dry they can be scrunched and glued in sets of 3 or more to form the flowers. This was my first try. I will be playing more with adding stamen and color details. 

Things to try with real flowers:



No comments: