Friday, January 21, 2022

Elizabeth Craft Mason Jar Die Set

These are the front and back outside covers assembled. 

The Die sets do not come with written instructions. There is a dedicated you tube chanel that you can watch to see how the professionals use these die. This set has a large penguin die set and a smaller penguin die set.
To cut the penguins, I initially cut a solid black and then the tiny bits in yellow. Popped them out and fit the teeny tiny pieces on top of the blac. Obviously DO NOT DO THAT!
  • CUT a solid yellow background
  • CUT the detailed die with solid black
  • Now you can pop the bits out and fit the black over the yellow.
  • CUT the belly area only in white fit into the cut out area.
  • ALTERNATE CUT solid white, fit the black detail over then color your own yellow highlighted areas. Cut them to suit your color pallet. As seen in the above samples. 
Now I have a 'Waddle' of penguins 
This is a huge die set, with so many possibilities.

Inside pages for book covers
When I do the cutting, I will cut several of each die at a single sitting. That way I can mix and match as I start to assemble. This also leaves me with embellishments to add to the pages that go in the books. 

Organizing....the struggle is real



No comments: