Friday, June 18, 2021

Frugal Friday DIY

Time to try a little Frugal Friday Texture paste DIY
Using water soluble basic supplies
-1/2 cup baby Powder {You will need more depending on how stiff you want your mix}
-1/2 cupwhite craft glue
-1/4 cup white paint or Gesso
-water to thin if you get it too thick

Just keep mixing in more powder till it holds its shape. It dried terrifically hard. I even put a heat gun to it and it didn't bubble or burn. Side Note: My happy place smells amazingly like baby powder.!
Above is a background I had started with a stencil
Just added the paste over the bits I had already colored and penciled in
Below is how it looks dried. Will detail it out some more with spray and pens
Then because I was on a roll, grabbed a sheet of Lavinia pre printed paper and added some extra touches. 
Below is a poster I had started, but it needed more. From a free classSoul Art Class by Allison Orthner via Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. Once this is dry it too will be colored over and detailed with pen and ink. #soulworktakestime
P.S. not every DIY craft project works out for me. Read about the Gel Plate fiasco HERE

No comments: