Friday, January 8, 2021

A Big Shot

For Christmas and more Elizabeth Crafts Die cutters. 
Here is the newest I have been playing with. Nothing made yet. They do take some time to get oriented correctly. Note to Self: Use scrap paper to do the trial cuts and make notes!

this was to me the most obvious way to cut and manipulate the Travel the World Globe die.  Cut two then mix and match the insides.

Above is the layout for cutting the journal so that you have a front page, with the holes on the left as needed. {Die cut face down on your good side} Notable Notes: Because I live in Canada, I am use to seeing the world from my side. So will have to make an effort to make sure that I cut the globe, so my view of North America is visible on the left hand side. {This would mean cutting the globe face down on the back side of my final view} I am not sure if this is intentional on the part of ECD or if it is just up to individual interpretation. I am going to reiterate.....Junk Paper- Practice cuts. 
This is the back page, that I cut first intended to be the front of the journal. I immediately realized I had the holes on the wrong side, so....Front becomes Back! with the Globe n the position as viewed from my side of our small world. LOL
See the N at the top of this Die? That is my reminder to orient it up.
After the cutting experience I will be making notes about how to orient the continental view too. 




1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Hello! Forgive my popping in late to thank you for visiting my family blog -- The Leatherman Tree. I don't always see notifications on that one, just for my weekly, more consistent blog, The Marmelade Gypsy (a mix of real life, my art, books and when we can travel again, travel!) I was interested hearing you were stepping into genealogy. I say "take the plunge!" My journey has been probably six or seven years, first, just a bit, then down the rabbit hole. This past year I finished the first draft of a family history on my mom's side (Henry, the post you commented on). Once I get the corrections in that I hope to serialize it on the blog. Here's a post on writing the story but with some tips. Also, if you haven't, check out the blog "Are You My Cousin," which is great!

Your art is just lovely, both in this post and in those fantastic tags you did in the Christmas post. If one of those was on my package, I would frame it!

All the best from your neighbor over the border (I'm in Michigan and we long for the day they open the border again.)