Friday, December 18, 2020

Tags for Christmas



These were okay, but I felt they needed more. So added some sparkles, as well as the ribbons and door decal. 


The tags developed over time. It really was trial and error. Heavy on the errors. But undaunted I pressed on. Initially I ran them through the embossing machine. Trees and trucks. It sounds nice, but then I tried to add the color in.  Well the photos speak for that little experimental fail. 
So to fix the hot mess, I added a touch of white to give a snowy feel. Then redefined the trees by stamping over. NOTE: make sure everything is dry and set before you go in with the whites. 
Tiny truck and trees are stamped, emboss then fussy cut. Added the rope before gluing them to the background. 
These backgrounds  are napkin background, detailed color blue poster paint. Trees stamped with white poster paints. Then stamped trees over the top. And that is what I should have done from the beginning. Saved all that embossing for a different type of tag. 'Made a Mess, Had Fun' so its all good. {PS if I ever write that book one of the chapters will be titled as such!}
Another shopping Inspired tag


Bailey's Holiday Antler's Check it out 




2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

These tags turned out wonderfully!

Joanne said...

Your tags are lovely at all stages ... my favorite thing is almost always the birch trees!