Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Soul Art Class with Allison Orthner

Here is my starter for the very generous and talented Allison Orthners Sponsored in collaboration with Ninnys Napkins and Creative Scrapbooker's Great Canadian Virtual Carnival
'Honor Your Scars'  SoulART class.
This is a work in progress, like me! Still searching for a quote. I like this one, but may choose to decorate with several 'When one door closes, another one opens' 
Closeup of heart before adding red wash and spray.
That is an actual hornet nest layer. One day I am going to write my book. It will be titled 'Dreamcatchers and Hornet Nests'
- It will be a true story,  because there are some things you just can't make up. 

First I used grey gesso covering everything I didn't want to see. While it was till wet, I went over it with a stencil and black gesso to give a brick look. Then let it dry overnight to cure.
After that I followed Allison's prompts.
Below, napkins before Gesso whitewash


Original background below, mounted to canvas. 
Above is the print I started with. It was mounted to a canvas and I had it hung for a number of years.
 It is important to note: My  base for this canvas, specifically the Door in the phtograph above is not of my making. I do not caim any credit for that.  I used the center of the orginal mass market print.
 Credit for that photo painted over artwork belongs to the print artist below. 

Thank You Creative Scrapbooker Magazine for the













1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love it! Can't wait to see the finished product. I will make one, one of these days.

Can't wait for that book, either!