Friday, September 11, 2020

Smashing Flowers

'End of Summer Smashing Flowers Ritual'
Above is initial smash, below after it has dried overnight.
This is something I like to do occasionally. It is literally smashing flowers. I love the water color effect on paper.
cleaning them up after they are completely dry, glue eraser and fine edge tool to gently scrape
This year it was the Martha Washington Geraniums and a few pansy's. I find Pansy's transfer almost like a photo if you secure and smash just right.  I meant to get to them sooner, as we are fast loosing our summer flowers. Use in mixed media projects, cut apart to use them
 on layouts, tags, cards and notes.
This it the dawg helping me. Note I had to use an actual stone this year....could not for the life of me find a hammer!. You can read about my methods in previous posts HERE and HERE.
HINT: use a good quality heavy art paper. Experiment with fabric as well. Let them dry completely for a few days, then gently exfoliate the remaining bits of foliage.
 A Peony- start in the center and work your smash out concentrically. 

 Pansy on fabric

Pinterest funny! Well, maybe not......

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Such fun idea, smashing the flowers! Thanks for sharing Pam.