Friday, January 3, 2020

Major Arcana Swap Cards


It is a new year, none of us can say for sure what that holds for each of us. I had a little fun joining a 'Fortune Telling' Card swap. Who knows how the cards will land for us this year.
Here's hoping this will be the BEST YEAR YET!
Reading side of the Hierophant 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 ATC card.
'V' signifies '5' or Valiant.
Back of the cards finished. NOTE: I used the numbers on the clock to signify the # out of the 22 total created for each card.
The swap called for 22 cards that are the same. I did this sheet style by marking off with pencil and masking tape. The tape allowed the finished card to have a white border. I used a drafting tape. It did leave a residue, that I removed with an art glue eraser. I did them all assembly line style, cutting apart when both sides were finished. First stamping top and bottom with a timepiece stamp. I created my own template for the oval writing inset. Cut it pattern style from a scrap piece and transferred by tracing the blank onto each card.
 I continued to add the writing and some glue and sparkles to the bottom center semi-circle.
For the reading side, I first stamped the fortune tellers finger that shows the #5 top and bottom. The Hierophant is the #5 in the Major Arcana fortune telling set. Next the stamped and emboss the key was added. Then the Raven stamped and emboss over that. {I used Emerald Creek super heavy color sheen embossing powders} Then I added the stamped  triple crowns, title and hand writing overview of the cards meaning.
I had fun making this set. It was a fair amount of work, with drying times and all that embossing. I am well enough pleased with the results. I am looking forward to the full set returning to me.
Thank you Elisabeth for hosting this one.


Well it is June and the turn around cards are here! Numbered 1-22


 


2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Happy 2020 Pam!! Very fun project!!

Elisabeth Dufresne said...

It's really to read about your whole process. Thank you for sharing !