Friday, July 21, 2017

FMOFFTD

We are having such terrific hot days. Most day's I hit the yard by 9:00 am and don't quit until 5:30 or 6:00 pm.I haven't had a lot of time or energy to spend in my happy place. So I decided to share some of the bits and pieces I have been squeezing in. Mostly unfinished projects and idea starters:
Have you played with the Oxide inks yet?
The first thing I do with a new ink is a sample of the color to tag the end of the case for easy viewing. I was excited to learn that these inks show up remarkably  well on dark colors. So, as you can see I used a dark card stock for my label. They also come in a pewter color case, so are easy to differentiate from the regular distress inks at a glance.
 I only have three colors, but had fun trying them out.
From the top "Ombre' {not an oxide}
Fossil-Oxide
           Cracked Pistachio-Oxide
      Broken China-Oxide
I was just fooling around without a project in mind. Getting a feel for how they would work and react with water. This is on Chalk board card stock {NOTE: I would use smooth in the future}
I began by just trying to create a loose background with a sun and water. I used the Ombre to emulate sun ray's I will tell you that in my opinion, this ink is more OMMM than BRE! It is suppose to have 3 distinct shades, but seems to just have the one darker orange. I have even tried it on white paper and get the exact same one color smudge.
Anyhow on to the main show. The Oxides did not disappoint! They went on very smooth, blended like a dream too.
For this effect, I just lightly misted the starfish stamp. Then held it in place and when I lifted it, I got a reverse stamp effect that I loved!
Once water is misted over the ink, it really pops on the colored background! This was my FMOFFTD- Fifteen Minutes Of Fun For The Day!
 
Thanks Pinterest and Pinners everywhere!
 





No comments: