Friday, March 24, 2017

Island Escape Tourist Tales


This kit was HUGE
I am still working with it!
I feel pretty good about getting the CUBA 2014 photos scrapbooked!
Remember I robbed the inside of this one? The opening is covered now, and this paper has done double duty!
This double page is not the prettiest layout. It does however tell a 'vacation' story that needs to be told. We must look like shady folk. Because we are often approached to buy something on the sly. Steve is always up for an adventure. I tend to hang back. That is what this layout tells the story of!
You can see that the paper combination is pretty, but just a little to contrasting. And the photos for this layout are very busy. In order to bring it all together I assembled just the background sheets. NOTE: the basket weave paper is one sheet, cut in half along the center weave line, then the dark brown cardstock. The blue cardstock is just the joiner strip.
I used a roller to apply the gesso to the stamp. Remember, you are building a background, so just stamp at will. NOTE: Clean your roller and stamp as soon as you are done stamping. You might want to use a soft toothbrush.  If you cannot do this immediately, make sure to pop them into a bucket of water to soak. The gesso will dry quickly if you do not!
 I challenged myself to use some of the Washi tape from this kit
 

I secured all the photos down with glue, then used washi tape on all the corners to make it look like I just grabbed them at random and taped them on.

This is the journal inset.
NOTE: Washi tape can be selective as to what it sticks to. Test for grab first! If it is easy release, you can use it to reposition pieces you are not sure of!
 
A girl can always dream of a Beach Wedding
The title for this one is in the photos.

Marry Me - Again - Here 
 
 


This was a photo of an actual gazebo on the beach. It had a bright red {ugly} roof. So, I decided to cover it with white paper....and why stop there?
Next I dug out the tulle. Did some strategic cutting. Not all the way through so I could gather glue and stapele it at the top. Then punched holes with a pin. Secured the top tulle with wire that twists over the tulle, then through the holes and is glued on the back.
I used a scrap of wire that I made a loop with. Then fed the two open ends through the tiny holes and pulled the cord through to the back side. Then reversed and pulled the tiny ties through to the front so I could twist and tie the tulle down. NOTE: I added a drop of clear glue to each double knot so they won't come undone.
 
  But wait...I'm not done yet!
How about a Paper Bag Album just for fun?
I started out with several 'old car' photos. I didn't like the backgrounds. So, I decided I would cut the distractions off and mount them to some of the many ocean photos. I think you will agree the results were worth all the fussy cutting!
Cover page with 2 photos cut and pasted together. Using some of the embellishments from the sticker sheet and ephemera pack.
The hanging tags are for the  year make and models of the cars. Will have to wait for my DH to tell me that information!
At the market

This teal number was right in my wheel house of colors. You can see I cut that tourist lady right out!! She could see I was trying to take a photo, but walked right in front of me....Sigh.
Classic blacks!
Brand new white!

The options available for us tacky tourists.
On the back cover.
 
 
 
 

No comments: