Monday, December 9, 2013

Gift card tutorial



In an attempt to find a usable gift for my older teen and her boyfriend. I purchased an all inclusive movie ticket. I won't tell you where I bought it because I don't want to run into copy right issues. But, I will tell you I was less than impressed with the presentation of this 'gift'. Honestly, lottery ticket paper is more substantial. Slightly put off by this, but determined I created a way to give it so it looks a little more impressive:
Here it is as purchased....I placed it in a plastic sleeve to work with it.
I choose to use the Bo-Bunny woodland winter paper line for this project.

I simply folded a scrap of paper so it will pop up the ticket when they open the card

Bo Bunny makes beautiful packaging. This is the inside of my card. It is the packaging cardboard with the top trimmed off.. Then the ticket is tacked to the pop up shown above.

For the front of the card I used the image from the top right hand corner of this paper. The entire card is based off of a 6" x 6" center piece and matted gradually larger to form the card.
If you have older teenage girls, you know they spend a goodly amount of time taking self portraits of themselves and the boy of the day. Then they print them out and for whatever reason don't want the photo. This is one I scooped from the discard pile. Trimed it to fit inside the opening. Handcut a few snowflakes. I added some sparkle to the outside trim with a glue pen and some 'cool highlights' glitter. I used an older border punch to add dimension to the edges. A scrap of hemp, a dripping butterfly and a chipboard star. There its done!!

Supplies:
Bo Bunny Paper
Bazzill card stock
cool highlights glitter
glue pen
Dripping butterfly die cheery lynn
Border Punch
Hemp String




No comments: