Tuesday, November 19, 2013

S-N-O-W BANNER

Fun stuff. This is about making something with very little product. Literally, I used 1/2 sheet of pattern paper, scraps of card stock, 1/2 a sheet of heavy chipboard and an embellishment sticker sheet.

 When ever you are working on a small scale, pay attention to the tiny details. These are approximately  4" x 5-1/2" . I used a border punch that I had to decorate the top of each tile.
Decide on the shape you want for each tile, then cut one each of your background paper and glue it to a heavy piece of chipboard of the same size. This is the same sheet of double sided paper, alternating pattern sides.  Cut a rosette from a strip of your background paper, use a button, jewel or flower for the center.
 HINT: after punching the border pieces, I then added a strip of double sided tape to the back of the border. {see top of photo} Then Flip it over and glitter over the entire edge. The glitter will stick to the tape that is showing through the holes. Just rub it in and gently brush away the excess. The tape on the back makes it quick to place on the tile. 
Before I added the major embellishment pieces I stung the cord through the top holes so I could hang it. I alternated some large jewels from my stash of good things. Remember to cut at least twice the entire finished length of your cord, so you have room to tie each button or jewel to hold it in position. HINT: For threading small holes, tape the end of the cord or string together to allow you to weave easier.

Here are the tiles piece by piece.






And I had plenty left over for this layout. Starring my lovely grandchildren. The photos are from a couple of years ago. No title  yet, because that will involve digging out the electronic cutter. I love my machine, and should use it more. I will title it 
'SNOW FAMILY'



Supplies Purchased at Scrapbookers Paradise online store

3 comments:

Denise Price said...

Great job making the most of your supplies! The banner and the page are both so wintery and cheerful.

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so sweet! Love that tip about the glitter on the adhesive showing through - just brilliant :)

Anonymous said...

lovely as always my dear.
love romeo