Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Little Yellow Bicycle

I couldn't resist this new locker paper by
Little Yellow Bicycle

 
I knew the minute I saw it I had to make
those lockers open here's how:
First carefully cut around the 3 sides you
wish to have open with a blade ruler and cutting mat
Next carefully fold to the outside of your page
 using your bone folder
then apply double sided tape on the back side
 to all of the thin lines that
will have to stay down while you open and
close the doors
this is how it will look when  you adhere it to your
choice of color back grounds
Carefully cut your photos and place them where
it pleases your eye to do so
add some journal strips 
Emboss a keyhole and make it so you
can peep into the locker
I added the date to the top tags on the lockers
I dug into my stash stamped some faint stamps
and embellished with whatever
little bits I could find that I liked for this school
theme layout set
School tittle side locker open inside

School tittle locker doors all the way open
The LYB canvas tapes indicate ages and grades

Taryn inside locker view

Taryn side locker doors all the way open 
Don't be afraid to cut your photos into strips
to fit in the lockers, you can see they work out
just fine in the end.
 
 
This was fun and easy. It felt good to dig into
the stash and discover some of those little bits to use
P.S. the glare on the photos is what you end up with when 
you do like I do and use glossy photos in your project.
In real life they really pop. In re photo life the just
kind of dazzle in a mystical way...but thats just me 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful my dear

love romeo

Micupoftea said...

How ingenious! You are such a clever and creative girl, Pam! LOVE it! Super idea~ thx for sharing. And thx for your sweet visits to my blog :)
xo
shawn

Jessi Fogan said...

OMY BRILLIANT! That is SO cool - I love the peephole, and having the lockers open? Genius!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! scrapbooking with paperfolding included.....

Cheryl said...

Girl... that is the neatest thing I've seen in a long-long time! LoViNg iT!!!!!
big hugs,
Cheryl