Sunday, October 14, 2012

Artist Trading Cards




 
 
 


Just in time for Halloween
I love making these little 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" tiny bits of art. They were originally created by starving artists during a time when paper and art tools were in short supply. It was a way to advertise their craft and not use very much product. Today there are groups dedicated to swapping paper and cards. I am sure this is where the sports card swapping originated. I love to play, so I do this instead of tags.
 
You could easily turn these into tags or little decorative side bits for your layouts.

I used a heavy weight paper that would stand up to stamping and misting. These tiny Imaginisce Stamps are too adorable and at $1.50 price tag you should get them all. 
I stamped with watermark ink and emboss with a fine black embossing powder. Before heating the powder, I gently brushed the extra black crystals off the white background.

Next I used an embossing watermark pen to color all the spaces I wanted to keep white, {the mummy and ghosts plus the faces }. I covered that with a clear emboss so that it would maintain the white background. To give it a little bit of color I used my mists with a paintbrush and emboss over with the clear powder before it dried. There are endless choices HERE or HERE depending on how much shimmer you want and the intensity of color background

Lay a few stencils over your project, you can do this for any season or theme.
So spray randomly, have a paper towel handy to blot excess as you work. To really blend them together give them the occasional spritz of water too.
Once things are blended to your liking  cut them apart
 and decorate with matching embellishments
 

These two were my favorites, I love
that little mummy
 
I flipped the stencils over and used the loaded
stencil to add some color to these journal bits.
 
 
Get out your misting mat and a few stamps and have some fun today.
 
If you are looking to have a little of the other
Seasonal fun....I would suggest you try this with these products
Stamps- Here - Here - Here
Mists -Here - Here - Here
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I love these! Those little stamps are so freaking cute :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

The stamps are super cute and what a fab price too! Loving what you did with it all :0)