Monday, May 23, 2022

Thank You CSM

Creative Scrapbooker picked up this Layout for the Summer 2022 issue of CSM
Page #60  Summer 2022 issue of CSM
The call for the Spring Issue was to up-cycle something from your bathroom. I had been knocking this idea around in my head for quite a while. I knew it was time to give it a go so to speak!


Supplies:
1} Highly soluble Toilet Paper
2} Stamperia Texture Impression  mold  
3} Clear Gesso 
Rip off several layers of TP to cover your mold several times. Keep your TP handy so you can use more as you work.
Layer gesso first into the mold + TP + gesso to cover your entire mold. 
Work it in from the back pocket side using a thin stylus work the TP and gesso into the cracks. If it tears a bit that is fine, just keep adding more TP and working it down until you have it compacted. Keep adding more TP as you work it in. 
I wasn't sure how it would dry initially, so I took some time to tatter the edges while it was still wet. Simply pull apart the outside edge to make it less rigid. If you like a straight line. Leave it as is.
Periodically flip the piece and check for obvious air bubbles while the press is still wet. 
Leave this to air dry on a flat surface. I found mine was dry over night. 
Gently start at an edge and pull your dry molded piece off.
As you can see above, it is highly malleable. 
You can now treat it how you wish. Ink it by hand.
Spritz it- use a heat tool on low to dry
I had so much fun that I tried several molds.
Some were harder than others to work the paper mash into.

This sample is shown in progress below
The map was the hardest to articulate. In the end I went to alcohol inks to get a vivid ocean.
NOTE:I lost the detail on the wording, probably because I initially tried water
 soluble acrylic and go it too wet. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an incredible page and I love the technique you shared! I’m thinking I need some of this texture in my life!! Brilliant!