Friday, August 13, 2021

Fodder Master Boards Try 1

 
A fodder master board is simply a background made of all and any bits you want to attach. I sat with a pile of scraps and a gluestick while I watched TV. It was a fun lap project.
For the first try I did a structured application. After a bit I penciled in the approximate placing for cutting this into tag size backgrounds, so I could add unique pieces I wanted to showcase. 
For the back of the piece just apply a heavy coat of gesso, and some colors and roll them around. Don't like how it looks? Just add more gesso to change the look. Make sure and dry in between coats. 
Grabbed some pinks and blacks to force myself to work outside of my usual comfort color pallet. 
This one was more mish than match.
Next grab a stencil and stencil in some random details. I used black gesso to do this.
After it dries, add more hand drawn details with felt pens or crayons.. Doodle, words ect. 
Heavy gesso back, then blobs of color
Draw freehand lines on top. 
There they are masterboard backgrounds to use for Tags and Atc's.
My artist friend Gina G sent me a link for the Fodder school. So, thank you for that Ms G.

Here is the basic step by step. 
Inspired by  workshop class videos by Wendy Solganik
See her Pinterest boards HERE
Willa Wanders Instagram HERE
Read About Fodder School HERE

  • Start with sturdy art weight paper
  • Add torn bits and pieces of scraps till page is full collage style overlapping. Secure the pieces with a full glue coverage on the back of your scraps.
  • Stencil front with stencils I used black paint
  • Work on the back of your sheets now. Brayer gesso and then  colors over the back of your sheet- let dry Coordinte colors from the front of your collage NOTE: this can be messy, so do the back before you finish the front. 
  • Scribble a freestyle line over all with a grey or black pencil
  • Finish the fronts now: Doodle bits and designs over all with colored art crayons/ pastel
  • Paint splatter over with a few colors. White, Black Bright color To add a pop of interest
  • Use a white last let them dry
  • Cut them into tag size
  • Punch out top hole, detail this edge with a trim or binder reinforcer.
  • Add die cut or image 
  • Add Quote, word saying
  • Add ribbon through the top, you are done


No comments: