Friday, May 7, 2021

ATC postage stamp art and other things...

I am seriously addicted to the stamp upcycle now. These are some of my attempts at extending the borders of the stamps to make ATC size art cards. 
I start with a plain white water color cardstock paper. Place the stamp on then gently sketch in the horizon lines. 
Then I take the stamp away and extend the photo on the stamp with paint, pencil watercolor crayons. 
I am brand new to trying this type of actually doing a scenery extension. But, it makes me happy to try. 



It is spring, Finally! So in between snow storms  I have been doing the outside projects. Lets call this one the unfortunate cracking of the linoleum in the holiday trailer. Sounds like we were lucky it had lasted through 14 Canadian winters. So, that had to be redone. 5 long tough days of on the hands and knees work. Illustrated in photo form below.
Stripped out floor, Surprisingly great shape under the old lino.


Then it gets a super vacuum and cleaning. Had to pop up the carpet edge as well. 100s of staples later, it was ready for the glue.
Glue everywhere!! Takes a few hours to become tacky. Then as long as you have one true line to start your strip off of. The vinyl planks can be secured down. 




In the end I was well enough satisfied with how it turned out. 





No comments: