Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Thank You Creative Scrapbooker Magazine

Love my Sweet Granddaughter! 


Creative Scrapbookers     Submission call for circles 'Winter 2023' Issue
 I am very pleased with my 'Littlest Mermaid' layout!
It took me a long time to configure the pipes how I wanted them in a continuous circuit. A lot of move and turn. NOTE: I always do the dry fit first. When I finally figured it out. I took a photo so I could do the background, then recreate it. 
Background paper 100% hand done with alcohol inks on Ranger Glossy paper. I used different size glasses. Shot glasses, caps, tiny splats. NOTE: Pour your ink down the side of the glass, then gently twist it and remove.
The water beads actually move on their string. I used as stretchy beading elastic. This is the inside view of the framework. I had to reinforce the edges with punched chipboard layers so the string would not pull through and ruin the photo. The layers allow the beads to move freely.
This is how I attached the string on the back so they couldn't move once they were pulled tight. Just a twisted paper clip really. Then secured with heavy duty packing tape. Added another matt over to hide the inner workings. 



1 comment:

Joanne said...

Awww, that is the sweetest little mermaid! A great tip about taking a photo - I'll remember that if I ever actually put a page together!

xoxox