Friday, February 26, 2021

Postage Stamps

I have been on a kick to do the altered postage stamp art. Above is an ATC size with one completed.
Mostly you will see heads removed from an image sourced elsewhere. Then a stamp fitted to replace that head. 
This was the first time I have tried this. As you can see by the very long picture post.
I quickly became addicted to the 'OFF WITH YOUR HEAD' mentality.
I used magazines, old children's books as well as text books to source the bodies.

The Tim Holtz Dolls 
make fun playmates too.
Who could do just one of the
 Deer Head Boys?


Some images as it turns out are not for the faint of heart, or easily offended.


Our Lovely Queen as it turns out, can be found in many poses. Perfectly suited to grace the bodies. 
I hope if she see's these, she has a sense of humor, and knows I mean no ill will. 








Once I was on a roll, nothing was off limits! Gotta' love that die cut truck with the gophers in the back? 
Then some fun with floral stamps too! Most of these are still works in progress as they need to be mounted to their final card or tags. The black and whites will get color once I decide on the background.
This was  a lot of fun to fiddle with. Believe it or not, there are MORE!! In the future will be doing a post on some of the finished cards I made with these starters. They will also make fun additions to the junk journal. They could even be used on a regular greeting card. You know, if I did that.  Stop throwing your stamps away...or send them on to me? I do buy lots of vintage stamps. I am always on the hunt for new old stamps to play with. 


Pinterest Ponder of the Day


5 comments:

ginag said...

Absolutely brilliant! Where do I start? You have put your heart and soul and sense of humor and fab postage stamps into these. I have so many favorites and want to see more, my artistic friend! I feel a swap coming on. 💃💃💃💓

Cindy C. said...

Wow this is awesome!! I love how you used the postage stamps in these projects!!!

Marita said...

Oh boy..oh boy...oh boy!!! How I love all of these, but that chicken is sure at the top of the list!!! Pam these ate truly brilliant! That Alabama, the flower bouquets and the kids on the beach.....I don't think you could find a better fit!!!

bockel24 said...

great samples, especially the queens!

Karla said...

They are all just lovely Pam....you sure have the knack for creating these wonderful works of heART!