Friday, May 15, 2020

NAILED IT

Then I had the brilliant idea to use the modeling paste on the emboss folders.....
CAUTION NOTE: READ BEFORE YOU TRY
#toomuchtimeonmyhands #NAILEDIT
So I chose a couple of likely candidates for a 3D item.
I believe these were both from Spellbinders, it is important to note these are NOT MOULDS, they are embossing folders. Meant for paper only
Shown above, the first one was a fairly malleable embossing folder. I applied the paste, let it dry over night, and presto! successful moulded piece.
But the very rigid embossing folder shown in the first photo, was a HARD FAIL. Do not do this to your embossing folders until you check to see if it will release once dry. Not everything I try works out. Buy and use the recommended materials to do a job. Lesson learned here! I was able to remove the bits with a toothbrush and some 'awesome' cleaner soak. It took over an hour to pry the bits of moulded material out of the folder, before I could use the cleaner. Got a blister on my thumb for my troubles.
 
In the world of trying things because I can...I am not alone!
 

No comments: