Friday, April 17, 2020

Fairy Cover Junk Journal Ramblings

The whole purpose of a Junk Journal is to use up some of the stash. I just happen to have enough ephemera as well as new bits and bobs to Junk Journal myself into oblivion. My friend 'Gina' is hosting a large complex swap for our Paper Traders Art group. The following ruminations have been inspired by her very carefully laid out instructions, inspiration links, and ideas. Being very excited about these JJ creations, I decided to practice on one for myself. My theme is easy to guess.
This is the cover, it started out. An oversize envelope from the junk mail pile, with two windows. I carefully cut it open on 3 sides so I could work with it.
remember to think about where you want your windows and which finished side will be your opening. 
The large fairy tag pulls out of the cellophane envelope pocket.
Unfortunately I messed up the tiny cellophane window and had to carefully remove it and create over the top.
To do the tag pockets, I first measured and precut the outside cover papers.
 Then moved on to the inside of the envelope.
I wanted the tags to have a pocket so first up was to line the opening with decorative backing on both windows.
NOTE: I always run a strip of reinforcement down the center seam before I add the final decorative papers.















This is the inside fully decorated, both the bottom third of front and back cover are pockets. As well as a lined flip up corner for a bit of interest on the back cover.
Made a mini book with the tiny bits on a cut-out sheet.



















 
Made a Mini Book with the tiny bits on a cut-out-sheet. Stamped over to add some interest.
 
Check back to see the insides of the 'Fairy JJ',
 A work in progress.
 


















 

No comments: