Friday, March 20, 2020

Staying in to Play

I was very excited to play with this cream paste and masks
 Note the mould on the right is not filled appropriately. I filled it once, then waited about 20 minutes and gave it a tip fill as shown on the left and below.
You have to be able to fill in the moulds and wait for them to dry
 at least over night. Don't put a heat gun on them as you may
damage your mould and bubble the paste.
When they were a still little tacky, I added a white tissue to the back to aid in removal as well as being able to glue to my final project.


 
 
They peeled off really easily. Then I proceeded to play with different types of alterations. First up was some walnut spray.
I didn't really like the way that looked.

Next technique I did some watermark and embossing {I have a Junker pad for when I am using dark colors or ink that may transfer to the pad} I just skimmed the surface then settled it into the powder and embossed. Don't leave your heat gun in one spot for too long. The medium will blister.
I did like the shine on the raised parts.
After playing around a bit, I decided that a coat of Gesso over the initial moulded image was the best surface to build on.  

This was worked in with a foam brush. Again allow it to dry over night.
Next work the piece over with touches of perfect pearls and water.
Check back next week for the rest of the mould play.

In the mean time....rearrange your house to suit your crafting dreams:



No comments: