Friday, March 6, 2020

Stamp Organizing

on a budget ! I keep acquiring more and more supplies. Recently a friend gifted me with a whole ship load of Stamps {thank you Marilyn}. It has been an ongoing struggle to organize in such a way that I have easy and immediate access to whatever stamp I want. I have tried many different approaches. Because the stack keeps multiplying like rabbits on a spring day, I have been exploring other options. After going on line and searching many stellar ideas Totally Tiffany being one of the main inspirations. I decided to take a good hard look at the items I have on hand that I can up-cycle, repurpose and use to suit my needs.
 
THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH
I have file boxes that I picked up in the restore. I knew when I acquired them that I was going to use them for stamps. Initially I re-punched existing hard board mounted stamps {Dylusions and Tim Holtz- Ranger}
I found out that they will fit my file boxes
which are about 9-1/2 Tall x 11 Deep inches
As shown above, just re-punch the hole sequence and they fit just perfect.



Now, what to do about the rest of the stamps. First order of business, sort your stamps into category's that make sense to you when you want to find them. I sorted the Ranger stamps by Designer, then theme. Now you will have piles that show you approximately how many file holders you will have to create.
I wanted the end result to have an enclosed bottom, be fairly rigid, inexpensive and large enough to accommodate the sheer size of the stash!
For the stamp holders I used a pack of 100 regular size paper sleeves. They are heavy bodied and very sturdy. With a slight trim of 2-1/2 inches to the open top edge and a repunch, they fit into the holders.
I placed a solid sheet of paper in some so I could see the stamps easier. This also allows for double sided inserting of stamps.  
As an added bonus the clear acrylic stamps will stick to the outside of the sleeves. So slip the proof sheet inside and stick them in place over top.
View looking into the file, all nice and orderly
For now I have them hand labeled with a brief description. I will change this out to a permanent label with a decorative flair. The set up and sorting took longer than the actual filing. I am very happy with my frugal fix.
 

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

A great fugal solution and a space safer too!! I am going to lift your idea! :)

Joanne said...

so clever
and so much work! but worth it now... time for a stamping party, I'd say