Friday, February 14, 2020

Snarky chicken & Junk Journal bits and Valentines

 Snarky Card, this one is all me. I had that photo from pinterest for a long time. It just made me laugh every time I see the look on that poor woman's face. Then it came to me....Why does it have to be cats?.....
These are junk journal inserts made with junk mail.
 I'm not going to pretend I thought of this.
 Credit goes to the Paper Outpost you tube, see the link below.
 
 
 
Thanks to Pam at Paper Outpost for this.
 
This is why I laugh at Chickens
[Disclaimer not for the delicate of linguistic description]
I hope you laugh like I did, it really is not about the chicken, but maybe it is.....
 
 I grew up with chickens and turkey's in the yard. Sounds romantic and whimsical, it is not! It is being chased by roosters as well as very large turkeys. They still terrify me to this day. It is walking with your new school shoes on and stepping in scat. They were for eggs and eating.{eating story for another post} Collecting the eggs from the dark stinking chicken coop is its own kind of hell. Then your mother nominates you and one of your siblings to 'clean out' the coop. Armed with shovels and nothing else. You go in and spend hours in that tiny ammonia, straw, feathers and filthy reeking space. I can still smell it in my nightmares. But enough of my touching childhood memories.

P.S.
 Happy Valentines day and remember in a relationship - always "Pick your Battles"

No comments: