Thursday, August 15, 2019

A Pirate Looks at '60'

     My wild passionate Love Affair with Summer is over.
The Autumn of my life has arrived in full glorious color! 
It is time to gather the seeds from all the gardens I have planted. The future is in the seeds we plant today!

    It sure doesn't feel like 60. That stuff only gets real when I look in the mirror. I know I could get tucked, toxed and all that. But those choices are not for me.
Our lives really are dream catchers and hornets nests....
 I am what I am. All the lines and gray hair are there for a reason. I am Happy. That is important. I have learned to appreciate everything that comes my way. Learn from it. Share the love, help and be kind if I can.
    Now is the time to concentrate on how I view what is in front of me. I see four breathtaking daughters that I am proud of.
 Five beautiful impossibly more breathtaking grandchildren, because they are a combination of my daughters and all that I taught them. The best of both of us. I am proud of them every day.
 I know they love me just the way I am, and that is the best feeling of all.
 We have the Love and support of a good husband, father, grandfather.
He is on our side, always.

    I count my blessings every day. It would be a lie to say I don't miss some of  the things from a younger time. So, I won't go that far. Here's to continuing this dance we call a life well lived!


3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

A lovely post Pam!! Thanks for sharing this special milestone. Long live the happy memories and heart warming times, and may the future blossoms into precious moments for you to keep.

Joanne said...

Well said, well said....I agree 100% You indeed have a lot of beauty and love in your life and I am very happy for you.

xoxoxoxoxo
Joanne

Smiles, Laurie said...

Lovely sentiments. Love the planting seeds.
60 looks great on you! clearly, the new 40!