Friday, July 19, 2019

New Stamp, Embossing Powder and Infusion Ink

I love trying new things. With that in mind please know that this is my first attempt using the Infusion powders. So, I will show you my honest attempt with this product. {Disclaimer~ I did not watch any how to videos before hand. Only looked at samples}
NOTE: I used a very sturdy 'resist' paper for stamping and embossing.


 I do so love a new Fairy Stamp
This one was stamped with embossing ink then sprinkled with our very own Canadian,'Emerald Creek', Lapis Lazuli embossing powder. It has gorgeous deep indigo and gold highlights

Now those wings deserve a little extra detailing. I used an embossing pen to fill in all the white areas. This is a two part process. First add the base then the Kiss of the Fairy shimmer powder. 
It has a gorgeous shimmer, the photo does not even do it justice.
 Now comes the part I was dying to try. The 'Infusion Powder' Violetta. From what I understand, you just sprinkle it on then spritz.
Well SNAP, as soon as I hit it with the water, I realized I had used way too much powder. But, isn't that burst of color gorgeous?
I grabbed a piece of watercolor paper to try and blot some of the color off of the fairy card front. As you can see the photo on the left is the watercolor paper{brilliant and vibrant, but soaks in immediately} Next I used another piece of resist paper on the card, it is a lighter more malleable finish. Check in next week to see what I do with this little fae girl.
Pick up a Set of the Magical Fairy Embossing Kit HERE

These are designed by 'Rita Barakat'. She is a very talented friend of mine from the earlier days when mixed media was just starting to go main stream!













1 comment:

Joanne said...

what a beautiful stamp! and what fun you have trying new things in your happy place.
Joanne