Friday, May 31, 2019

Dad, the Man the Myth The Legend

Thank You Creative Scrapbooker Magazine for picking up this layout of our Hero. It is so hard to get a good photo of him. I had to promise I was just getting a photo of the pocket. 
He doesn't get much time off work, but when he does we tend to work on large projects. It was a very hot day and we had been at it since early in the morning. I was grumbling about how my scrapbook fingers weren't really meant for diving into the pail of very sharp screws. Then I look over and burst out laughing. Steve had the perfect solution. The magnet on the back of his phone was holding them to the outside of his coveralls.

As it turned out this pair of coveralls were ready for the rag bin. Naturally I had to cut off those awesome metal clasps and use them for the closure on this layout.
I reinforced the paper back with waistband stiffener from the sewing stash so that the stitching didn't break the paper. I also used an awl to pilot the holes before cross stitching the clasp to the layout.
Heart is a stylized daisy stitch. I was thinking the other day that my Grandmother on my Mom's side taught me how to embroider when I was 5. That was the beginning of a lifelong obsession with all things cloth and thread. 
 
 
 

No comments: