Friday, January 25, 2019

Spool Bits and Bobs

 You know those awesome lines of text that are on the bottom of Kaisercraft papers? Well I do use them on my layouts, but sometimes a girl just wants to do something else. I have been on a mission to really use many of the goodies I have amassed over time. One of the things I Hoard I mean collect are the old wooden spools. I do have enough so, I decided it was time to use some.

Above is the lineup of the quotes that have been mounted to various coordinating ribbons, all from the 'stash' I used my sewing machine to stitch them together. This was really very fast. Honestly took me longer to find all the ribbon and bits than it did to stitch them. I used a paper needle as well as a larger stich to keep them from tearing right through.
 The hot glue gun became my BFF for the day. PS it also learned some new very expressive words from me. But, in the end I was well enough satisfied with the edge decorating. Also very fast.
 Here they are all mounted. Use a strong double sided tape. Probably the orange one.
 They are closed with removable pins

 They can be wound with words facing in or out. Have fun. 
 
 
Its like pinterest was watching me this week.


No comments: