Friday, October 31, 2014

The Space in Between 'Samhain

Art Journal Page
Not my words, they are wonderfully and
oh so eloquently written by Diana Gabaldon.
PROLOGUE
'Samhain'
Copyright 2010 Diana Gabaldon
“In the chilly season, when the air grows cold
 and the spiders die, comes a thin time.
The days are short, so all the light of them is concentrated,
 squeezed between the dawn and dark.
  This is why the light is different,
and each thing has a Shadow.
 This is when the other worlds draw close,
 and the barriers between grow thin. 
 In a thin time, they say, you must be careful,
 because you might walk through a cobweb unthinking,
and find yourself Elsewhere.
There is more than one other world;
no one knows how many.
  Some beasts can see one;
 the dogs will sometimes stare at a blank
space on the wall of a cave,
and their hackles rise at what they see.
Sometimes, I think I see it, too.”
The words just fit the aura of this piece, and my mood of late perfectly. {I am living in the Samhain of my time line}  The piece is mixed media, started out using gelli plate. {I was less than impressed with my first try} A little paint, stamping, stain, photos and some drawing over and I am done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful... Diana knows her words and you know how to show them off

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Pam, this is incredible! Your artwork is the perfect complement to the words - and I love that FACE!

Judys Lace Creations said...

Thanks for the visit and lovely comment.Love your blog.Just going to have a good look round. New follower!
Judy x