This canvas took weeks to complete.
It is large, 20" x 24"
It's been a process. It started with a canvas that had previously had a poster mounted to it. The poster faded, so I tore it off and was left with great glue texture underneath. I gave it a few coats of tinted primer when I was painting a room recently.
With the help of some templates,
I worked on face, hair and wing placement around the lumpy background.
I played around with the dress before I detailed out the facial features. This is risky, because the face can take a long time and end up not working. Gave her a 'glass bead' bodice.
Then filled in face and hair, the dress is still in the working stages and removable at this point. Mod podged some tissue for a background. Went in with Faber Castell India ink pens for hard details
P.S. This is not what I was going to make the day I started this. I guess I can make what I really went to make soon.....
It sat like this for the longest time, waiting for me to make up my mind about the words. Had several good quotes by other writers. Then today I started with the word 'fly' and I decided to go with my own words. I do like to think I could be a word smith
if I just applied myself
a little more a lot more.
'She Will Fly
With The Winds of Change'