Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Perpetual Calendar


Do you have someone on your gifting list that is almost impossible to find something for? Me too. When faced with this, I tend to go with something home made and useful. This altered  little wooden perpetual calendar and note pad fits that bill. The calendar is one I picked up at a surplus store for under $5.00
Start with a lightly sanded wooden calendar
 Choose a paper line you love.
This is the back view, The lined paper will be great for writing down important dates.

 Side views, with inspirational collaged words and paper bits



Using a splat mat, I made a mix of paint and gesso to suit my paper choice.
Not to worry if it is not an exact match. After edging all parts with the paint mix, let 
it dry thoroughly. Use the distress ink pads to add more dimension and manipulate the color.
Use a stamp from your stash to stamp each month in a theme. Coat the entire piece with a couple coats of Mod-Podge, for durability. Add a nice writing pen, and you have a 'one off' useful item for that hard to get for friend.

 Supplies Purchased at Scrapbookers Paradise online store:

2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

WHAT an awesome gift! And yes, I know exactly what you mean...I have several of those toughies on my list!

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

This is very magical! x